The release of data collected in the 2020 Census takes place over several years, with the initial products focused on congressional apportionment and legislative redistricting.
We’ll provide links directly to U.S. Census Bureau products on this page, as well as Tennessee State Data Center geographic products, tools and analysis designed specifically to support Tennessee data users.
- 2020 Census P.L. 94-171 Geographic Support Products
- Apportionment Counts
- P.L. 94-171 Redistricting Tables as pipe-delimited text files (by 8/16/2021)
- P.L. 94-171 Redistricting Tables on data.census.gov (by 9/30/2021)
- Demographic Profiles (TBD)
- Demographic and Housing Characteristics File (TBD)
2020 Census Data Updates
2020 PUMA Geography Update
Public Use Microdata Areas, or PUMAs, are statistical areas with no fewer than 100,000 people for which anonymized, individual Census responses are released. In late 2021, the State Data Center will lead an update to Tennessee’s PUMA boundaries.